The field of marketing is a broad one. A lot goes into it, from the way we advertise and sell to the latest development in digital marketing. However, despite the many new trends that emerge, nothing can replace solid tactics like Email marketing and WhatsApp marketing. In this blog post, we will be comparing the two to find out which is better at the rate of conversions.
What is the difference between email marketing and WhatsApp Marketing?
In this digital age, there are many digital marketing channels that you can use to reach your audience. Email marketing is the most common and the most popular. A new marketing channel is catching up rapidly with the advent of the internet and smartphones, and that is the use of WhatsApp.
Both email marketing and WhatsApp marketing have their benefits, but WhatsApp marketing has the distinct advantage of being a more personal and targeted form of marketing. Email marketing is one-way communication.
With WhatsApp marketing, you can send personalized messages, links to products and services, and coupons to your audience.
Email marketing, by contrast, is a highly effective marketing campaign using emails to send advertisements, promotions, newsletters, solicit sales, and generate leads. But even emails can only reach the right people if you have a good outreach strategy.
Email marketing is better for more traditional marketers, but WhatsApp marketing is better if you’re a startup or small business.
Which one is better for your business?
There is no clear-cut winner. But it all depends on your business. WhatsApp marketing is better for B2C companies, but email marketing is better for B2C and B2-B companies. The two are effective ways to get your message out to as many people as possible.
What are the pros and cons of WhatsApp marketing?
In this digital era, there are many digital marketing channels that you can use to reach your audience. The pros of WhatsApp marketing are:
* It’s easy to set up with a low-cost API.
* Ability to start your business from home.
* Flexible, real-time reach.
* It builds meaningful business connections with high margins and minimal experience.
* Simple business model with unlimited income potential.
* To understand the other side of the story, we need to flip the coin as it has two sides. In addition to the pros of WhatsApp marketing, let’s also consider the cons. The cons include
* High Level of competition.
* Has limitations as no features specific to your business.
* Has no thread of communication. Have to search manually to trace old posts.
* Repetitive work. And you have to manage it manually.
* Easy target for criticism that kills the productivity.
What are the pros and cons of email marketing?
Email marketing is a fast, effective, and low-cost marketing channel that delivers a consistent message to your audience.
The Pros of Email marketing include:
* The cost of engaging your target audience is affordable.
* This can help establish a relationship with your customers.
* By enhancing brand recognition can increase sales.
* Adaptability is a dire benefit.
* Sharing is simple.
The cons of email marketing? The Cons of Email marketing include:
* It’s unlikely that people will open your email.
* Keeping up with constant updates is essential.
* Unsubscribe buttons are visible and easy to find.
* Email design, tone, and strategy determine whether your email campaign is successful.
* Emails can generate a lot of unwanted spam.
How to increase your click-through-rates?
As the possibility of the Click-through-rates for WhatsApp will be higher than the Email marketing, it is essential to know how to increase your conversion rates. Here, we provide some tips:
* You need to have a clear-cut strategy. You can’t simply copy and paste emails or take a few of your competitor’s emails and make them your own. You need to learn from your competitors and understand how they do things.
* You should make your emails as actionable as possible. Your customers need options beyond simply clicking on an email to achieve this.
* You should also include a call-to-action (CTA).
Try these tips to increase your Click-through-rates. You can implement these tips to upturn your conversion rates.
Both WhatsApp and email marketing have their unique advantages and disadvantages. But in the end, your marketing strategy should be based on your audience. If you have missed on to read our previous blog- How WhatsApp Marketing Can Increase Your Profit?. Please let us know which marketing campaign is best suited for you. Email or WhatsApp?