There are different ways to get your business online, they are
- social media platforms
- Free business listings provided by Google, that is Google business profile (GMB)
- Having a website on the World Wide Web
Irrespective of the platform, ranking your business on the search engine result page (SERP) is very important to improve visibility, get website traffic, and increase Click-Through-Rate as 25% of clicks occur on the top-ranked websites. Here comes the role of SEO.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a process to help bots index, crawl and understand our web pages more efficiently and rank them on search engine result pages.
On-Page, SEO deals with on-the-page optimization of content, Off- page deals with building links and trust among other domains and web pages and Technical SEO deals with enhancing user experience.
The effect of SEO remains for a long time, if it is done right it is the most efficient way to be ranked top on the search engine result page and that too is cost-efficient. Since SEO is a slow process, here comes the role of PPC.
What is PPC?
Pay Per Click or PPC is a marketing strategy in which advertisers pay a fee each time when one of their ads is clicked. The purpose of PPC is to get more relevant traffic to a website and ultimately generate more sales.
Pay-per-click (PPC) is a type of strategy that runs up to a certain duration of time until the budget allotted to that particular campaign is consumed. PPC ads are often used to boost a website’s SEO as it drives relevant traffic, increases page session time, and reduce bounce rate.
How Pay-Per-Click Ads Affect SEO
- Pay-Per-Click ads generate highly relevant traffic, which increases new users, and if the site has done good work on SEO, then it might retain some of those users.
- If the marketing campaign is good enough, PPC Ads show up on top of the Search Engine Result Page and generate visitors for that page. If the content is good enough, those visitor land on that page again through organic search, which increases SERP ratings for that page or site.
- PPC increases competition for keywords, which indicates making changes in SEO strategy.
When should we prefer SEO over PPC?
- If you want to get ranked on SERP for a long time
- If you have a low marketing budget
- If you have users and want to retain new users
When should we prefer PPC over SEO
- If you want quick results
- To boost sales
- If you promote time-sensitive offers like a festival sale or provide service in a particular season
SEO and PPC both have their pros and cons, but one should understand when to use them. If you cannot make the right decision about what to choose, then you can outsource this task to an online advertising agency to manage PPC and SEO to get the best results.
These agencies understand your business needs and generate clickable titles and descriptions with relevant keywords, to target the ads in specific locations and devices. This helps to gain more relevant traffic and leads for your business. These Paid Advertisement companies follow transparency and provide you insights like views on your ads and website, returns on ads spent number of clicks, and audience behavior.
Eneblur Consulting is one of the best Digital Marketing, Paid Advertising – Google Certified Ad agencies and has been successful in helping more than 60+ small and medium businesses to rank higher on Search Engine Result Pages (SERP). We have clients from salons to technological companies, spas to resorts, and much more as we are happy to be a part of their business success and hope to take other businesses to the top.